"I would get pregnant next year. I'd love to have a child soon. It will be the next big project of my life," said the Colombian singer. But he denied that their marriage plans: "The men get lazy and inattentive when they marry," he added.

Final: The Colombian will not be home

Colombian singer Shakira said today he wants to have children, but does not plan to marry her boyfriend, Antonio De la Rua.

"I would get pregnant next year. I'd love to have a child soon. It will be the next big project of my life," he said in delcraciones reproduced by DPA.

However, Shakira categorically shut the door to a marriage by stating that "men get lazy and inattentive when they marry. I considered a given, so no need to fight and strive to stop the relationship."

"I'm sure that a relationship works best when you are the bride and the wife of your partner," concluded strict singer, referring to his relationship with the son of former Argentine president Fernando de la Rua.

SponsoredTweets referral badge